Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Abandoned Creativity

I made this blog in December of 2009 I think. It's funny how you lose interest and motivation for things. BUT! Here I am. A lot has happened since then. With me and the world.
The things for me have been great! I love Portland, I love my music, I love my friends, and dearly love my wife. The world though, has taken a turn for the worst. The way things are going I think mother nature might have to do a little "Spring Cleaning." I love everything on this planet. Why can't everyone?

I still have hope. At least for the world continuing on without us.

On a lighter note;
I finished the follow up to 2008's "Bittersweet" album. It's called "Northern Flocks," and is available now at Bandcamp

The artwork was done by my beautiful and talented wife Skye Sarenana-Velten
I am pretty sure she has some art up on her Facebook page.
We need to get this woman a blog going. She has so much beautiful art.

and one more Northern Flocks promotion!
and it's a music video!

A stop motion video to be exact.
It was created by Tom Myers, Skye Sarenana-Velten, and yours truly.

You can watch that here: "Northern Flocks" Music Video

There you will find the video and other videos my great friend Tom has made.
I have been wanting to make it so that when you buy Northern Flocks you get the music video with it. BUT SOMEBODY hasn't given me the file. Soon though! And don't worry, if you already purchased the album, just shoot me an email and I'll get it to you as soon as I get it.

Sarenanavelten@gmail.com

Post one. Hopefully more to come!

One last thing!

I am playing an Open Mic tonight for fun with the band I am in Lil' Ironsides
It's at a place called Eugenios 3584 Southeast Division Street
Portland, OR 97202-1562

Starts at 7. Check out our music, and come hang out with us. Should be a blast!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment